Tip of the Week
If you would like to use WordPress to manage links to PDFs, Word documents or other files, here are the steps:
1. Create or locate the PDF or other document.
2. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
3. Open a new post/page or edit an existing post/page.
4. Click on Add Media at the top left of the edit window.
6. Click on the Upload Files tab, click Select Files and find your PDF to upload.
7. Once the file is uploaded (and it is smaller than 2 megabyte) copy the URL (Web address on the right and close this window (X in upper-right). Don’t click insert into page.
9. Type in the words you want to use for the link to your PDF (e.g., “December Newsletter”).
10. Highlight those words and click on the chain link icon in your tool bar.
11. Right click and paste the File URL you copied. Click the white arrow in the blue box and then click Publish or Update to save your changes.
Click View Post at the top of the screen to admire your link and test it out!