Google Docs includes Google Forms – Think survey or quiz. Here’s a Step-by-Step:
1. In Google Docs, go to Create New and select Form.
2. Enter a title for your form and any explanation.
3. Type a question (or survey comment).
4. Add the type of response (multiple choice, check boxes, etc.) and response choices if needed.
5. Click Add Item to add another question.
6. When you are done, select a Theme by clicking on the Change Theme tab at the top.
7. Save the form and then, if you want to add the form to your WordPress site, go to the File menu and to Embed to find the embed code and copy it.
8. Return to your WordPress site and create a new post or page.
9. Click on the Text tab and paste the embed code in the text window.
10. Publish the WordPress post.
11. Wait for users to fill in the form, or better yet, send the post via email (or Subscribe2) requesting users to fill out the form.
12. You can view the submissions live as they come in (really!) or just view submissions by going to the form in Google Docs and clicking on See Responses.
13. Or here’s another idea: Tell Google Docs to send you an email whenever someone adds a new response. To add an email notification, click on the Responses tab and View Responses. On the next screen, click on the Tools tab and scroll down to Notification Rules. Select the items that meet your needs and click on Save.
Once you’ve collected your data, you can post the results in graphic form. Click here for an example of graphed survey results (but it could just as easily be the results of a student quiz): Administrator Survey Results
Here’s what a sample quiz looks like: