Adding a Google Docs Presentation
Sharing a Google Docs presentation in your WordPress site is a snap. Here are the steps:
1 Log in to your Google account and go to the more menu and drag down to Docs.
2. If you have a PowerPoint presentation, click on the Upload button in the upper-left. Follow the prompts to upload the file. This converts the presentation to a Google presentation.
3. You can also create a Google Presentation from scratch. Google Presentations works a lot like PowerPoint. Go to the Create New menu (upper-left) and select Presentation.
4. Add slides with text and/or images as you would with PowerPoint. You’ll notice that Google Docs save automatically.
5. Once you are finished, click on the small black triangle next to Sharing in the upper-right and select Publish/Embed.
6. Select the Player Size. For most of our WordPress sites the largest size works.
7. Copy the code in the box at the bottom of the screen.
8. Go back to your WordPress site and your Dashboard. Under Posts, click on Add New (You can also add any Google Document to a WordPress Page as well.).
9. At the top of the text area click on the HTML tab.
10. Click in the text area and paste the embed code you just copied from Google Docs.
11. Click on the blue Publish button at the far right. If you have already published once, the button will say Update.
12. Click on View post to try out the presentation.
If you want to have the window of the presentation larger or smaller, change the height and width in the embed code. To show the presentation, click on the single arrow to automate it. To move one slide at a time, click on the double arrows. To enlarge the presentation full screen, click on the enlarge icon just to the right of the “slides 1/6”: