Monthly Archives: March 2015
1000 Mile Club!!
Have you already earned three gift cards for the 100 mile club and are ready for a new challenge? Have you been working on the 100 Mile club and want to keep going and pick up the pace?? Check out the 1000 Mile Club.
*Count all of the miles you have accumulated since the 100 Mile Club began (January 12)
*Continue to track your miles/minutes (either with the 100 mile tracking form or your own)
*For each 1000 miles completed by Friday, June 5th your name will be entered into a drawing for a $50 VISA card!!! (2 will be given away)
Prairie Mountain just finished their challenge and Fairfield starts right after spring break!!
Have a fantastic spring break—Go outside and be active!!!
From Sea to Fork – Off the Hook!
SHAPE is offering up another Healthy Cooking Class for Bethel staff. Come and learn how to cook a variety of fish in some creative and tasty ways.
We’ll be in the Meadow View kitchen on Tuesday, March 10th from 5:00-7:00.
Email Jennie Kolpak to sign-up…first come, first served.
Free Workout Videos From SHAPE
The new workout DVDs are a hit! You are welcome to reserve any of the following workout videos for two weeks at a time.
- The Biggest Loser: Cardio Max (level 1,2, & 3 workouts)
- The Biggest Loser: Power X-train
- Jillian Michaels: Yoga Inferno (Two 30 minute intense workouts)
- Piloxing by Viveca Jenson: (Creative mix between Pilates and Boxing)
- Elements of Yoga: Air and Water flow with Tara Lee (2014 Best Workout DVD—Fitness)
- Zumba Fitness
- Beachbody Piyo: Combines Pilates and Yoga—no weights, no jumping
- Beachbody T25: Nine 25 minute, very challenging workouts
To check out a workout DVD email Nicole Zwink. You will receive the DVDs through district mail.
SHAPE 100 Mile Club update…and Other Notes
- As of March 5th we have had 61 people take part in the 100 Mile Club and 92 gift cards have been given away.
- The 5:15 Qigong Class at Prairie Mountain has been discontinued. It’s suspected that people shied away because they couldn’t pronounce the name of the class!
- Shasta hosts the popular Circuit With Weights class each Wednesday at 4:15 and again at 5:15. Hint: Get in on the 5:15 class, there’s more elbow room.