Monthly Archives: June 2015
1000 Mile Club Winner
Congratulations to Ann Wiltshire at Shasta, winner of the drawing among the 120 staff members who achieved 1000 Mile Club status. Ann chalked up her 1000 “Miles” through regular exercise. As the winner of the drawing she receives a $50 gift card.
Survey Drawing Winners
Filling out the quick SHAPE survey has earned Fairfield’s Michelle Richard and Cary Weeks from Prairie Mountain $25 VISA gift cards. The survey will help SHAPE continue to fine tune its offerings and provide opportunities that better meet your needs. The data will also help SHAPE qualify for another year of grant funding, so thanks to all who took part.
Summer Fitness DVD Checkout
SHAPE’s popular workout DVDs will be available for checkout during the summer. They will be in the district office, so just call (541-689-3280) or email Pat McGillivray to learn which DVDs are available. Here’s the list of 9 workout videos provided by SHAPE that can be checked out for two weeks at a time:
- The Biggest Loser: Cardio Max (level 1, 2, & 3 workouts)
- The Biggest Loser: Power X-train
- Jillian Michaels: Yoga Inferno (Two 30 minute intense workouts)
- Piloxing by Viveca Jenson: (Creative mix between Pilates and Boxing)
- Elements of Yoga: Air and Water flow with Tara Lee (2014 Best Workout DVD—Fitness)
- Zumba Fitness
- Piyo: Combines Pilates and Yoga—no weights, no jumping
- T25: Nine 25 minute, very challenging workouts (2 copies)
SHAPE Was A Winner In 2014-15
- 35% of all Bethel staff took part in organized wellness classes and pedometer challenges
- 111 people took part in the 100 mile club—many earning two or three gift cards
- Better than 30% of staff joined Healthy Cooking Classes and/or the PacificSource Healthy Life Schools Challenge
- 204 SHAPE surveys were returned to help guide the program for next year
- Nine fitness DVD’s checked out by lots of active people!
Sneak Peek At SHAPE Next Fall
- More school-wide pedometer challenges
- Fitness classes continue
- Creation of fitness/walking lunch breaks and informal after school fitness/walking groups
- Expansion of the 100 mile club, 500 mile club and 1000 mile club
- Even more popular fitness DVDs for checkout
- Healthy cookbooks available for checkout
- Third year of a three year grant, determining ways to make it sustainable
What You Can Do
- If you are cleaning out your house and come across a Fitness DVD you’d like to donate, it would help us build our Fitness Library.
- Improving your health this summer doesn’t have to mean changing everything at once. Set realistic and achievable goals and try one change at a time. Add in a walk 3 times a week or choose a piece of fruit for a snack. You can change your health for the better if you work on making conscious decisions about what you eat and how you move.
Stay healthy and enjoy your summer…you deserve it!
S.H.A.P.E. Wellness Grant Coordinator