Attention band and choir students and families! Here are some important dates to know about as we head into the final stretch of the school year.
Friday, 5/20 and Monday 5/23: WHS Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band Auditions
– 8th grade students heading to WHS next year are encouraged to audition for Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band! Sheet music is available in the band room. Check with Mrs. Boorman to sign up for a time. Please note that students wanting to participate in Concert Band DO NOT need to audition.
Saturday, June 4th: WHS Marching Band Orientation Day
– This is a day for interested students to experience being a marching band kid for a day! It’s completely free, and lunch is included. Next year’s 8th and 9th graders are eligible. To register and for more information, please visit the WHSMB website here.
Monday, June 6th: Choir Pops Concert
– Join us for the last choir concert of the school year! Choir students, please report to the WHS choir room at 6:30 pm; the concert will start at 7.
Thursday, June 9th: Band Pops Concert
– Join us for the last band concert of the school year! Band students, please report to the WHS band room at 6:30 pm; the concert will start at 7.
Friday, June 17th: Vox Novus to Sing SSB for Eugene Emerald’s!
– Vox Novus, our new a capella choir, has been selected to perform the National Anthem for Eugene Emerald’s first game of the season! Students will need to meet at 6 pm. The game starts at 7.
– We are purchasing group tickets for $9; if you are interested, please email Mrs. Boorman ASAP!