IMPORTANT: Music/Instrument Pick-up Wed. April 8th!

Hello, Cascade Music Families!

First of all, I hope you are all well- or as well as you can be in this very unique time. It was wonderful to chat with several of you on the phone this week. Please know that I, and the whole Cascade staff, really and truly care about our students and families, and we really miss working with our students!

As we move towards Distance Learning for All, it’s going to be very important for music students to be able to music 🙂 Many band students took their instruments and sheet music home, but I know that there are several who were not able to/forgot/were absent/etc. Choir students were also encouraged to take their sheet music/folders home, but again, I know that there are several who were not able to/forgot/were absent/etc.

I will be hosting a music pick-up day on Wednesday, April 8th from noon-1 pm. This will happen in the breezeway right outside the music rooms (walk around the left side of the main building, past the Bethel Health Center and where the Echo Hollow pool construction is happening, and towards the stand alone building in the back left). Please maintain social distancing of 6 ft. between people not living together. I will have “spots” marked on the ground in tape.

To be honest, I’m not positive what Distance Learning is going to look like for my classes, but I’m hoping that the better prepared we are, the more successful it will be. I think it is best for all students to have their sheet music/red book/what we were working on for performance at home. This includes the choir students. I will make sure that the sheet music is made available in an online format, however, if you require a printed version/do not want to read it off a screen and do not have a printer, please make plans to pick up sheet music.

If you are planning to attend/send someone to pick up on a students’ behalf, please reply to this email with your students’ name and, if known, whether they need their instrument, music folder, or both. I will plan to have materials gathered and prepared for each student ahead of time, as much as possible. Drop-ins (those who do not reply/let me know you’re coming) are allowed, but not preferred. PLEASE if at all possible, arrange to have instruments picked up. It will be very difficult for us to progress in any way without students having their instrument at home.

Lastly, when this happens, please do not come in the music building 🙂 I, as well as my toddler, have recently been diagnosed with asthma, and so I’m really into this whole social distancing thing 🙂 I will prop the door open and use my teacher voice to talk to you 🙂

Thank you! Please reply if you are planning to have things picked up for your student, and let me know if you have any questions,

Christina Boorma (christina.boorman@bethel.k12.or.us)

P.S. Reeds! During this time, the best way to get reeds will be online. I’ll have some available at the pick-up for students in financial need, but I would recommend getting them at WoodwindBrasswind.com. Shipping is even free J Links are here:

Clarinet (strength/size 3 for 6th and most 7th graders, size 3.5 for 8th graders and advanced 7th graders)

Bass Clarinet (strength/size 3 or 3.5, depending on the player)

Alto Sax (strength/size 3 for 6th and most 7th graders, size 3.5 for 8th graders and advanced 7th graders)

Tenor Sax (strength/size 3 or 3.5, depending on the player)

Bari Sax (strength/size 3 or 3.5, depending on the player)

Bassoon (medium strength)

P.P.S. Valve Oil/Trombone Slide Cream: It’s less likely to be needed, but here are some links for valve oil (trumpet, baritone, tuba) and trombone slide cream. This slide cream needs a spray water bottle (should be in your case) to use effectively. Again, I’ll have some available at the pick-up for students in financial need, but I would recommend getting supplies at WoodwindBrasswind.com. Shipping is even free J Links are here:

Valve Oil (trumpet, baritone/euphonium, tuba; 1 bottle should last at least a few months)

Slide Cream (trombone only, also need a spray bottle; 1 should last at least a few months)

(spray bottle if needed for trombone)

One thought on “IMPORTANT: Music/Instrument Pick-up Wed. April 8th!”