Hello, everyone! I sincerely hope you and yours are doing as well as you can right now. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or any of the Cascade staff about any needs your family may have.
I made a Week at a Glance schedule for my classes that show the general pattern I’ll be following for Distance Learning for the rest of the year. I hope you find it helpful 🙂
I’m also starting to look towards next year, and I hope you are, too 🙂 This next week there are several important forms I’m asking students to fill out; please take a moment to check in and review this information with your student. All of these forms will be posted to Google Classroom on Monday 5/11 at 8:00 am.
- Ensemble Awards: This is to be filled out by EVERY student. They should ALL nominate students for awards for this year. I’m working on figuring out a fun Zoom party for us to “present” these 🙂 Students in multiple ensembles – please fill it out for EVERY ensemble you are in!
- CMS Band/Choir: This is to be filled out by EVERY 6th/7th grade student. This is short and just gives me information for us to start building schedules for next year. It only needs to be filled out once per student, even if they are in both band and choir.
- WHS Band/Choir: This is to be filled out by EVERY 8th grade student. This is to gather information for the WHS band and choir directors/confirm what they may have already submitted in forecasting.
- OPTIONAL FORMS: for 6th/7th grade students only*
- Jazz Band/Vox Novus: Usually, auditions would be happening around this time for Jazz Band and Vox Novus. If your student is interested in Jazz Band and/or Vox Novus next year, PLEASE ask them to fill out this form so I can collect information/start getting rosters together. Please note: this is a zero period CLASS that runs from 7:45-8:30 am. If the schedule stays the same, Jazz Band is Monday/Tuesday and Vox Novus is Thursday/Friday; Wednesdays alternate. Students already in Jazz/Vox do not need to re-audition/fill this out.
- Music Council: This last year was the first we had a Music Council, and despite being cut short, I think it was very successful! If your student would like to join Music Council for next year, please ask them to fill out the application. Most weeks the time commitment is a 45 minute once/week after school meeting. Students already in Music Council do not need to re-apply.
*If your student is filling out either of these optional forms: I would encourage you to please do it with them if you are able. There are additional details within the quiz that would be too long to include here/it may answer some questions.
Thank you for your support and communication in this strange time; please let me know if you have any questions 🙂
(541) 689-0641, ext. 6014 (new!)