Instrument Rentals 2020-21!

This information below was emailed home, and pertains to 7th/8th grade students signed up for “Instrumental Music” (i.e. CDL “band”):

Hello, and welcome “back”!

What a weird time this is. Despite all the challenges, I’m really looking forward to “seeing” students again 🙂 Music classes will definitely look different this year, but we can -and we will- still be learning, and making music. If you are receiving this email, your student is registered for “Instrumental Music”. This includes all 7th and 8th grade students with experience playing an instrument. If you believe this is in error or your student has changed their mind since I polled in the Spring, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!
My plan was to have instruments and sheet music/books available for pick up tomorrow…due to air quality that pick up date is likely to be postponed. Please be on the lookout for more detail.
**Percussion students will need to have a bell kit at home (snare pad and small xylophone).**
In the next few days, please take a moment to either take care of your students’ instrument rental at one of the places listed below, or let me know so I can prepare a Cascade instrument for your student to pick up ASAP.
Rental Options: Given the current climate, I would HIGHLY encourage your family to consider renting from a store this year. My ability to fix minor repairs will be greatly limited, and most places include a repair/replacement plan. Here are the places I recommend, in order:
1. Music & Arts: They offer competitive pricing, and home delivery! Flyers are attached, and information/rentals can be found here.There is a fee for home delivery, but you can also get free delivery to Cascade.
2. Beacock Music: They have a local store front in Eugene (8th and Monroe), and you can opt for a repair plan along with your rental. Their website for information/rentals is here.
3. Eugene Music: This is a smaller local store (18th and Willamette). The website really just has contact information, but the owner is extremely nice, and rents quality instruments.
4. Cascade: Our instruments are generally in pretty rough shape. This year especially, as I was not able to send in for repairs like I usually would. If cost is a concern, it is the most economical option, but I would encourage families to rent elsewhere if you are able. There is a rental agreement to sign, and the cost is $50 for the school year. Scholarships are available. I would, however, recommend percussionists get their bell kit from Cascade if they do not have one at home.
PLEASE CONTACT ME to let me know your plans for this year. ESPECIALLY IF:
– Your student is interested in changing instruments.
– Your student is one of the three enrolled that I do not already know/are new to Cascade 🙂
– Your student still has a Cascade instrument at home from last year.
– You would prefer to rent an instrument from Cascade and/or are interested in a scholarship.
*Supplies*: Attached is a list of recommended online vendors for reeds, valve oil, etc. I will also have these items available at the pick up day. ALL music students will have a sheet music notebook to pick up as well. I might also have some chocolate to hand out 🙂
–> ALSO it would be very helpful for students to have a music stand at home; this is an example form Amazon, and these kind of stands are also sold at any music store.
Ideally, all students will have their instrument and supplies by the first day of school, September 14th 🙂 Thanks for reading all the way down this long email; please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Christina Boorman
P.S. Apologies for the timing; I thought this went out last week, but unfortunately there was a technology fail. UGH!!