Sophomores! ECMC Opportunity $6,000!
, it’s your turn! The ECMC program is now accepting applications for our current sophomores to participate in a two year program resulting in a $6,000 scholarship for 10 qualifying students. The application period is from March 4th – April 5th (extended deadline). ECMC will notify students of their status in late April.
The first 15 qualified WHS students will be accepted. Should there be more than 15, the students are selected by the date stamp on their application.
Here are the criteria:
Required (must meet all required criteria)
• Demonstrates individual determination to succeed
• Plans to pursue higher education within six months of high school graduation
• Submits letter of recommendation
• Demonstrates financial need (determined by the FAFSA4caster) Currently under maintenance
• Entering junior year and expected to graduate with class of 2021
• Unweighted 2.0 to 3.0 GPA (10th grade)
Preferred (must meet one or more preferred criteria)
• Dependent child of active duty, retired or veteran military personnel
• First generation (parents or siblings have not attended college)
• Identifies as part of an underrepresented group
• Qualifies for free/reduced lunch
• Student with disability