The Youth Trades Academy 2020 is ready to accept high school Junior and Senior applicants! Apply online!
- Info Session: January 8, 2020 from 5-6 pm (see flyer for details)
- Application deadline: Friday, January 10, 2020
Please note: for consideration, the following questions will be asked on the application:
- Why would you make a good candidate for an apprenticeship program? (100 words or less. Identify skills, interests, accomplishments.)
- What are your long-term goals? How will this program help you meet these goals?
- List courses you have completed, volunteer service, school extra-credit that may help you be successful in this program. (Examples: Automotive Tech, Woods/Construction, Metals/Welding, Math, Science, Volunteer Activities & Internships, Summer Work etc.)
- Interviews: Scheduled during 3rd week of January
- Trades Academy day/times:
* February 3-26, 2020, Mon/Wed 12:30-3pm at Springfield training centers (10 hrs Plumbers/Steamfitters & 10 hrs Sheet Metal)
* March 2-13, 2020, TBD exact day/times at Thurston HS (10 hrs Electrical)