Lane Arts Council is accepting applications for the Spring Term Production Design Arts Apprenticeship program.
The apprenticeship program:
- Pairs 2-3 students with an artist mentor, for a total of 25 after-school hours over a 10 week period for intensive, direct learning.
- Supports students in creating a hands-on project that can be presented or demonstrated at the end of the term.
- Introduces business aspects of a creative career.
- Provides students professional training opportunities through workshops and community talks with international designers.
Professional artists, designers, educators and arts organizations are working together to guide students who may be considering a career in design or another creative field. Whether or not students pursue these careers, the Product of Eugene experience will help them cultivate “world of work” skills they can utilize in any profession.
Past Product of Eugene mentors have brought experience in wood and metal design, fashion design, graphic design, digital projection, 3D rendering, ceramics and electrical engineering.
Important Dates for Spring Term (Upcoming):
- Applications Due: March 8th, 2020
- Kick Off Event: 5:30-7:00pm April 8th, 2020
- Library Maker Hub Workshop: 11am-12:30pm April 11th, 2020
- 10-Week Apprenticeship Collaboration: April 13th-June 21st, 2020
- Final Showcase: July 3rd, 2020
Applications are due March 8th. Interested students, please APPLY TODAY!