PNACAC Student Scholarship
The Pacific Northwest Association for College Admission Counseling (PNACAC) will be awarding ten (10), one-time, $1,000 scholarships to students planning to attend a regionally accredited college or university in Fall 2020.
- Submissions are due on March 1, 2021 at midnight Pacific Time.
- Awardees will be notified in early May 2021.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Current high school Seniors in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon or Washington and plans to attend a regionally accredited college or university in Fall 2021 – OR – Currently enrolled student who attends a two-year college in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon or Washington and plans to attend a regionally accredited college or university in Fall 2021.
- 3.00 cumulative, unweighted GPA or higher.
- Submitted the video essay application by March 1, 2021 at midnight Pacific Time.
HOW TO APPLY
- Record a video (no more than one minute in length) responding to one of the following prompts: “What would you like to be doing in 10 years, and how does college help you get there?” -OR- “How has your college/career counselor, school counselor or advisor helped you (and/or others) in finding the right college fit and what would you like to say to them?”
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Fill out the application form and provide the link to your video in the field provided.
VIDEO ESSAY RULES
- Must be created by an individual student. No joint entries (video created by two or more students) will be considered.
- Must be no more than one minute in length.
- Must be submitted by March 1, 2021 at midnight Pacific Time.
- Must be hosted on either YouTube or Vimeo.
- Videos will be judged on message, originality, and focus. Students do not need to be experienced videographers or editors and no fancy camera or special equipment is required. Just simply use your phone or borrow a friend’s!