Donors Gift Monthly Books

Students in Room 5 received a gift today–their very own copy of No, David!–from several very generous donors. Donors provided enough funding to purchase each child one book each month from our Scholastic Book order. This means that by year end, each child will have nine books to start or add to their at-home library! As a child, I remember the joy of seeing that red and white Scholastic box come into our classroom, knowing that it contained brand new books to enjoy. Now, 2nd graders in our class can enjoy both new books purchased for our classroom library or by their parents and look forward to a brand new book for them to take home.

As a teacher and a mom, I value the joy of reading immensely. In fact, this is why my only homework requirement is to read! Hopefully, this will help to spark that same love of reading in your child and give them something to read for their weekly homework. I also hope you will join me in extending a most gracious thank you to our donors who made this possible. (Feel free to add your comments below!)