A Thank You to My Families

Dear Families,

As we wind down the year, I just wanted to share a few words of thanks with you. I have been so impressed by the resiliency, flexibility, and diligence I’ve witnessed over the course of this school year, despite the challenges living in a pandemic posed for all of us. Watching students learn to navigate technology typically reserved for adults has been wondrous and their kind hearts evident when I forget to do things like unmute myself! 

And, while it hasn’t been a typical year, I can confidently say that these second graders have far exceeded my expectations and have learned skills that will serve them well. I also want to say thank you to parents, siblings, caregivers, extended family, and friends who have helped to support our students. I have loved seeing photos and videos of families completing science projects together, parents reading with their child, and the collaboration among family members on larger projects. This doesn’t happen without the ongoing love and support of the people surrounding each child.

My heart is full, and I wish nothing but the best for each and every one of you. Now, take a moment and give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it–and so much more!

Happy Summer!

Warmly,

Mrs. Cox