Trevor Noah Apartheid Readings
Trevor Noah: Born a crime
- Make a T-chart (Cornell style notes)
- Title: What chapter you are reading.
- (Run, Born a Crime parts 1+2, Cheese Boys)
- Right hand side.
- Quotes (doesn’t have to be the whole thing. Think short phrases.)
- Main Ideas
- Left hand side.
- Your response, reflection, thoughts, surprises.
- This is your conversation with the reading and yourself.
- Show me that you were engaged in what you were reading.
- On the back of your paper
- Reflect on your thoughts/feelings/opinions about what Noah has to say.
- Some ideas you might talk about:
- How did apartheid affect his life, even after the law was repealed?
- How did his experiences shape who he becomes?
- How was his life similar/different from your own?
- How did this connect to the statistics you’ve learned about in class?
- OR choose your own.