Exploring Race with Videos
- How does race/racism affect our lives and society?
- How do I participate in and/or am affected by systematic Oppression/inequality?
Please add the following 3 terms to your Ethnic Studies Glossary
- Implicit bias: negative associations that people unknowingly hold. They are expressed automatically, without conscious awareness.
- White fragility: discomfort and defensiveness on the part of a white person when confronted by information about racial inequality and injustice.
- White supremacy: white people are seen as central and inherently better than POC.
Please use the links below to access the videos.
A Conversation on Race: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/your-stories/conversations-on-race?module=inline
The Myth of Race Debunked in 3 Minutes: https://youtu.be/VnfKgffCZ7U
Snacks and Punishment: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000004818677/snacks-and-punishment.html
When Every Word Doesn’t Belong to Everyone by Ta Nehisi Coates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO15S3WC9pg