School Segregation Video:
Please click the link below to get to the Racial Dot Map.
Please click the link below to access the interactive article.
Please click the link below to fill out the course evaluation.
Please click the link below to access the Documentary 13th.
- How does race/racism affect our lives and society?
- How do I participate in and/or am affected by systematic Oppression/inequality?
Please add the following 3 terms to your Ethnic Studies Glossary
- Implicit bias: negative associations that people unknowingly hold. They are expressed automatically, without conscious awareness.
- White fragility: discomfort and defensiveness on the part of a white person when confronted by information about racial inequality and injustice.
- White supremacy: white people are seen as central and inherently better than POC.
Please use the links below to access the videos.
A Conversation on Race: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/your-stories/conversations-on-race?module=inline
The Myth of Race Debunked in 3 Minutes: https://youtu.be/VnfKgffCZ7U
Snacks and Punishment: https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000004818677/snacks-and-punishment.html
When Every Word Doesn’t Belong to Everyone by Ta Nehisi Coates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO15S3WC9pg
The first video is a straightforward, student made video that explains the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality using jelly beans!
The second video explains a bit about the history or race and how it is a social construct (made up by people, not biological).