Dear Parents and Families,

I can’t believe this will be one of my last posts for our school year! I’m feeling excited and a little sad.  The students have grown, shared, and learned so much this year. I’m excited for them to start their next chapter, 5th grade, but also sad to let them go. I’m excited that I will get to share in that adventure next year with some of them since we will be teaching the blends. (I will have about 17 5th graders and about 13 or so 4th graders in my homeroom class next year.)  We have had a fantastic 4th grade year together. We want to thank all parents/guardians for your support of our classroom family and your child.  We have had a remarkable year! We wish the students the best in 5th grade and we hope they come back and visit us in the years to come! We would love to hear all about their accomplishments!

On Monday, June 17th, we will be tidying up the room. I am asking that each student bring in a plastic grocery bag or reusable bag (with their name on it) on Monday to school or ASAP. This bag will be used to carry all their packets and left-over school supplies. We will be cleaning out our desks and cubbies too!

Tuesday June 18th is our last day of school (Half-Day). On Tuesday we will have a school-wide “Field Day” where students will participate in activities around the school. We will finish the day with an assembly. The students will get out at 11:30. Report cards will be mailed home the week of June 24-28th.

All library books will be due on June 10th.  The Awesome Prize Box will be available starting Monday, June 10th. If you have your library books turned in by this date you may come and choose a prize! Mrs. Ferguson has been collecting treasure all year long! You don’t want to miss out!

We will be taking our last field trip to Amazon and will be having an end of the year celebration tomorrow, Tuesday June 11th. PLEASE remember to put sunscreen on your child before they leave home in the morning! It is supposed to be EXTREMELY HOT and SUNNY! You may also want to send sunscreen with your child to apply after swimming for playing in the park. We will have some, but if you prefer your own brand that’s great too. Please send a water bottle with your child! We don’t want anyone to become dehydrated. There will be a faucet for them to refill it at the park.  

The last two weeks of school the students will be reflecting upon their year and preparing for the summer months. We will write about our year and the students will write letters to the “future” student who will sit at their desk. I know each child has words of wisdom to share with future 4th graders!

Upcoming Events:

Tuesday June 11th: Amazon End of Year Field Trip

Last Day of School/Half Day/ Field Day; Dismissal at 11:30am: Tuesday June 18th

As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns. Have a wonderful week!

Warmly,

Ms. Perrigo