Lesson Plan for 1st class:
- Read the syllabus: EDU 624 Syllabus (summer 2019)
- Community Building Activity. Fill out the Math Autobiography: Math Autobiography
- Read the article “Creating a School Community”: Creating a School Community (article)
- Write a one page paper on a community building activity that you want to try in your classroom. Be prepared to demonstrate the activity.
- You will be expected to understand the math standards in your 1st job. For this class we will focus on the Algebra 1 standards: common core state standards (Algebra)
- read the Algebra 1 standards. Compare to a common Algebra 1 book (this is the standards covered in our Algebra 1 textbook). : common core state standards Correlation from Algebra 1 textbook
- EdTPA is a focus of this math methods course. Please read the EdTPA FAQ: EdTPA FAQ
- Read pages 1-19 from the EdTPA handbook. EdTPA Secondary Mathematics Handbook
- be prepared to teach the whole class what they need to do for task #1.
I will see you next week!
- EDU 624 Syllabus (spring 2018)
- Math Autobiography
- common core state standards (Algebra)
- helping unpack the standards: https://www.ixl.com/math/algebra-1
- EdTPA Secondary Mathematics Handbook