News for April 7, 2020

THANK YOU for being patience as we try to figure how best to support ALL families in distance learning.

Apologies for this long post but there is a lot of information to share! Here’s an overview so you can scroll down.

1. What is happening April 7-10, 2020 ( & Supplemental activities link)
  2. Ways to contact me
  3. Distance Learning
  4. Technology help
  5. Health Center contact
  6. Irving update & video to families

Here is what is happening this week – April 6-10, 2020:

• The supplemental activities that I called about last week are being mailed home for all elementary & middle families.  Be patient!  They were put in the mail on Monday.
  • Click here for supplemental activities on the Bethel Website.  These are the same activities that will be mailed for many families.
  • If you were needing art materials – those are on the way

I will be calling again this week to:   

1. Clarify your internet access & devices available at home*
  2. Check-in with students

****There are limited Chromebooks available & help with internet service.

Ways to contact me: As of now, email & ClassDojo works best.   Please contact me if you have any questions or need anything.   I soon will be setting “Office Hours” for times to contact me, but at this time we are on an irregular work schedule, with meetings at various times of the day.  If you contact me, I may not be able to respond immediately, depending on what work is happening at the time.  I will get back to you as soon as I can. 

Distance Learning: Details are still being worked out but I would like to start with a class meeting next week so students can check in with each other.

Technology Help: Our district is also available for tech support in English & Spanish – Call– 541-607-1450 – or submit a Help Desk ticket – https://studenthelp.bethel.k12.or.us.

Health Center Contact: 

The Bethel Health Center now offers Telehealth. Access physical and mental healthcare from your computer, phone, or tablet. Call (541) 607-1430 for more information.

El Centro de Salud De Bethel Ahora Ofrece Telesalud. Acceda a la atención salud física y mental desde su computadora, teléfono, tableta. Llame al (541) 607-1430 para más información.

Irving update & video for families: 

The priority is always families and students well-being. Please take care of yourselves and contact me about any questions/concerns.