News for May 18, 2020

Weekly Meme Round-Up: Time for a Vacation — ClassTagNever in my wildest dreams did I think I would be composing my blog post/newsletter while trying to help students learn at home.  This has to be the craziest time in my 31 year career in teaching…what a way to end this school year!

This week teachers are being asked to assess student learning.  Of course, we are always doing that in one way or another, but this week we are supposed to see work from each student.  I know many of you have established your own routines, and are working well using your own materials, and some are combining Bethel materials with your own.  Some are using Bethel materials exclusively.  I am flexible!  Use what works for you.

I will just need evidence of learning in math and literacy this week.  Feel free to do Google Classroom assignments and turn in; send pictures or files showing student work; or talk with me during Zoom office hours on Wednesday or Friday this week at 2:00.  Please connect with me on Class Dojo if none of these methods work for you and we will figure it out.

Remember, iReady is a great option for math work, as well as continuing student learning, since the program is set up to teach students new skills.   Last week five students worked in iReady Online from our classroom, and three students really put in a significant amount of time.  If your kiddo hasn’t worked in iReady for a while, now may be the time to put it back in the rotation of activities.  To log in to iReady,  students can access Clever through our classroom blog, under the math tab, or go to the Clever icon underneath the Distance Learning activities on the Bethel Website.  Students will enter bsdstudentnumber for the username, and studentnumber for the password.

Thanks for all you are doing to help your kids learn at home.  I know it isn’t easy, and we are all in different places with this process.  If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out.  Class Dojo is the best way to reach me.

Lara Castillo

lara.castillo@bethel.k12.or.us