About Mrs. Castillo

I have been teaching in Bethel for 29 years!  I grew up in Eugene and attended Bethel Schools.  After high school I received my degree from the University of Oregon.  I began my teaching career at Irving in 1989, spent six incredible years at Fairfield, and now I am back at Irving.

I met my husbacolor Thanksgiving2nd, Dave, when we were students at Willamette High School.  He now works for SAIF corporation.  We have two children, Caitlin and Andrew.  Caitlin is a graduate of  Western Oregon University with a chemistry major.  She currently is working as a CNA and is making plans for graduate school.  Andrew graduated from the  University of Oregon in June, majoring in math with a economics minor.  He is the techie of our family.  Everyone relies on him to help us with our computers!  He is a video game master and loves to play on his Xbox.

When I’m not teaching I love to hang out with my family, run, do yoga, read, and yes, watch TV.  I also enjoy browsing Pinterest for fun, new ideas for the classroom.  I love being an Irving Tiger!