What is Standards Based Grading (SBG)?
- Grading system that measures a student’s achievement based on their performance on predetermined learning targets or standards.
- A single score (0-4) is recorded for each learning target that is being measured
- Students not scored on the amount of work they do, but on their ability to successfully perform each skill/learning target
- Students have multiple opportunities to show mastery of a particular skill
- Ways to show mastery:
- Traditional paper & pencil assessment
- Informally as I am circulating around the classroom helping students.