• Let The School Year Begin
    The first day of school in Bethel School District is Monday, September 21. Para obtener la versión en español de este sitio web, haga clic en el cuadro Idioma en […]
  • Let The School Year Begin
Subscribe2

Counselor’s Corner October/November:

Hello, and Welcome Back to another great school year.  I am getting off to a late start in getting messages posted, as I am busy with my new position at Malabon Elementary School, as well as continuing on at Meadow View.  I love my new school, and everyone, staff, students, and parents have made me feel welcome.  Thanks!

The MV Monster Mash and the Malabon Harvest Celebration were both a great success! Way to go PTO and volunteer parents and students, and to everyone who attended.  We couldn’t have done it without everyone working together!

Peer Mediation:

Soon, our peer mediators will be getting trained for the 2013-14 school year.  Malabon’s peer mediator training is on October 1st and 4th, and mediators will be chosen soon.  Meadow View’s peer mediators will be trained in early to mid December.

Classroom Guidance:

Kindergarten through 3rd grades are learning about skills for learning.  Fourth and Fifth graders are learning about respect, starting conversations and keeping them going, and joining in group activities. Fifth graders at Meadow View are also reviewing the 3 R’s of Bullying: how to recognize, report, and refuse bullying.  They are also learning about the difference between face to face and behind the back bullying.  

Until next time,

Sincerely,

Mrs. Foytek,

MV and Malabon Counselor