Dear Reference Writer,
Please have a conversation with the student for whom you are writing this reference. Ask for information about the Bethel Farm, and about his or her interest in the program. Then take a moment to answer the four questions listed at the bottom of the page. Your perceptions of him or her are very important to our selection process, and we thank you I advance for your thoughtful response. Please address the following questions in your letter of reference:
- How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant? What do you know about his/her work performance, learning style and group interactions?
- How do you think working at the Bethel Farm would benefit him/her?
- What would he or she bring in the way of skills to the Bethel Farm?
- What challenges would face this person as a crew member at the Bethel Farm?
We receive more applications than we have open positions, and have to give preference to applicants whose materials arrive on time. Please assist this applicant to meet his/her deadline. Feel free to call with questions or comments. Please write a one page letter of reference and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Kalapuya High School, attention Kasey White to 1200 North Terry St. Eugene, OR 97402. Please mail your reference by May 1st, 2017.
The Bethel Farm provides work experience in the field of farming, greenhouse propagation, teamwork, leadership, culinary arts, and career development. Youth will work on the farm three days per week, six hours per day.
Please include the following information in your letter:
- Your Name and Title
- Your address and phone number
- Your email address, if applicable.
- The name of the applicant the reference is for
Thank you for taking the time to provide a reference for this applicant.