Recent Posts
Recent Comments
    Archives
    Categories

Class Dojo

1st Grade Families,

This year, I will be using a classroom management tool called ClassDojo.  ClassDojo is a web based program which allows teachers to track students’ behaviors (positive AND negative) easily and efficiently. The program is based on points, and students can be given positive points for things like being on task, being respectful, participating, or working hard. On the other hand, points can be taken away if students are off task, talking out, or unprepared. My goal is to fully implement the program right away, but please bear with me as I am learning as I go!

After students have been added to the system, there is a student access code I will give to each student so that you (the parents) can log on to the website. On the site, you will be able to see how many points your child has, which positive behaviors were noted, and which negative behaviors they need to work on.  You will also be able to see points added or subtracted in regards to homework turn-in.  Students will be able to “cash in” on their points for different prizes and coupons.

One of the greatest features of ClassDojo is that it allows parents to see how your child is doing each and every day.  All you need to do is use the parent access code to get signed up. My hope is that this will help you better understand the progress of your student’s behavior.

Please contact me if you have any questions!

~Mrs. Tardiff